- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 August 2015 11:33
Other bees were ‘bzzeeing’ themselves nearby including trying to share my tea, and after having nearly thrown the tea all down myself, I found the particular cheeky bee who had nearly succeeded quite amusing!
My eyes were diverted to above the house and into the clear blue sky as three Swifts were darting about catching bugs. Flutter, dart, spin, they can’t ‘alf move. I thought to myself, I bet they don’t give a second glance or thought as to what the rest of the world is doing.
So what has this got to do with business I hear you say, well, as I was watching and listening I realized just for a few rare precious minutes I had been able to switch off from all that ‘inner noise’ that’s continuous as a business owner. From the time you open your eyes, it’s never ending and it’s not just business …
- who needs answering urgently, who can wait
- have I uploaded / scheduled my social media
- what am I cooking for dinner tonight
- I must put the washing on
- Do I have any parcels/client post due today
- I really must hoover
- Crickey look at the dust, I’ll do that at the weekend
- Where are the family today, do I need to be available at any point
- I must call the repair man
- What networking am I up for today
- Have I renewed the car insurance
- I must get the kids up and do the school run (oh no, I don’t have to do that any more, they’re now grown up!)
- I must get to the Post Office today ‘before’ the post goes
How many of you identify with some of these thoughts?
I hope you managed to step out of your inner noise for a few minutes, nice to get away wasn’t it!
We should value these moments and practice them as when life is busy there is always a place to escape.